Organisation: NSW RFS
ICON (Incident Control Online) System is the core incident control system of NSW Rural Fire Service. ICON consists of various modules such as Incident / Event management, Operation / Intel Logs, Fire Investigation, S44 declaration, Brigade Reporting, RART, GRN Allocation, Doctrine, Major Fire Updates and Fire Danger Ratings. Data captured via ICON is published to public website via the public feeds generator.
The Services Company was engaged to provide a project team to build key enhancements to the system
- The scopre of work to be covered included
- Major Fire Updates Warning Area
- Recording of all back-burns
- Move fire danger operational modules from BRIMS to ICON
- Integrate ICON with CAD and ACTIV
- Provision brigade reporting data to One Member Website (Volunteer Portal)
- Incident workflow changes
- Managed services
In the early stages of the project, 2 key personnel from the end clients core team moved on which left a hole. Our team had to adapt to a change in key stakeholders.
ICON is a critical system used by NSW RFS to respond to life threatening scenarios. The project team worked under high pressure and tight deadlines to deliver critical enhancements.
Major enhancements were released including critical features such as situation reports and public feeds. Our ICON team has become a critical component of the NSW RFS landscape and has been providing managed services and ongoing enhancements for over 3 years.